Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Middlesex Fells Skyline Trail

So, I said I would post a little about last summer's hiking adventures...


This is Middlesex Fells Skyline Trail. It's a little bit north of the city, along I-93. I went there with my buddy Jason and my golden, Emily, and we made a day of it. The trail is almost seven miles long, so it's quite a hike, and there's a definite incline at times, so it sucks the breath out of your lungs. I hadn't yet broken in my new hiking boots, so it was really good to get them off at the end of the day. But it was good, and good to be exhausted.

I went in August, and the day was really hot. Remember to bring water (and water for the dog)! We met a dude hiking alone who showed us some great views a little off the beaten path; he knew the place well. We picnicked in a clearing, and Emily got to play in the water. All in all, I definitely recommend it.


Lots of wildlife in and around the water. Excellent spot to sit and take a breather.

No comments:

Post a Comment