Monday, April 28, 2014

bikes 'n' things





So I was inspired by some stuff I found on Pinterest the other day, about cool old bikes, and I figured I'd share it here.

Check this guy out:


From http://design-milk.com/modern-utility-bike/, a "modern utility bike". I guess "modern" includes "retro". Still, I think this thing is pretty sweet - nothing like you'd find at a typical bike store these days... not as functional for the serious athletic biking, but it makes up for it in style. I could totally see myself biking around town and carrying groceries home on this thing.

Or check out this one:


There's no site associated with it (t-cycles.com, maybe?) on Pinterest, except for http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/13/92/f0/1392f0fda8697692063af5b0c6fb3f40.jpg . But check this dude out - not sure how safe that car is, or how fast a speed it can go... but maybe it's just that we love metal in this modern age, and we don't trust how safe/sturdy wood can be (especially wood supported by metal, which this has GOT to be). I would love to take Emily around in that thing - imagine us cruising around the city, her tongue flapping in the wind, sitting in the car - awesome, right?

Here are some other awesome photos -


Is this even real? What is going on here? Could you imagine the quads on the dude (or lady) hauling that thing? I think I'd be too petrified that it would crash down and kill me while I'm biking. 

Or this classic:


Here's the Pinterest tag: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/455637687272609499/ . The story goes that a boy left this bike chained to a tree in 1914 when he went to war, and the tree "had no choice but to grow around it." I mean, the only logical explanation for this is that some kid left it against a tree and the tree grew around it, but the whole going to war thing... reminds me of those six-word stories, like the famous "For sale: baby shoes, never worn." Something like, "Veteran's bike, eaten by tree/rust."

Check out my biking Pinterest board at: http://www.pinterest.com/andersonwiltshi/biking/




No comments:

Post a Comment