Saturday, April 19, 2014

hiking the beach

So, I know it's not the first thing that comes to mind, but hiking the beach is a pretty cool way to spend an afternoon, and Emily LOVES the sand and the water.

Soooo in the spirit of putting up stuff already although I haven't really been out much yet this year, I'll share my trip to Carson Beach from late last year - Carson Beach really gets the crowds during peak season, but it's not bad when the weather is a bit cooler. And if I'm not planning on going in the water, but just enjoying the smell of the ocean and Emily causing a ruckus, it's a good deal. Dogs aren't allowed at Carson during peak season, and I get most of my enjoyment out of watching her.

Carson Beach is right on William Day Blvd., near I-93. Not too bad to get to from the city, and you can take public transit for most of the way. (Def a fan of public transit.)

Here's a map:


Carson Beach was a good time - not very far from civilization, but an enjoyable afternoon. Here's Emily in an instagram-my photo taken by one of my friends:


We met a mom and her kid on the beach - kid (maybe 5 years old?) was afraid of dogs, and Em is such a goofball that she was trying to get him to play. After a few minutes of tail wagging and bringing driftwood sticks, I think it might really have been a breakthrough for that kid - the mom said she'd never seen him so happy around a dog. And Emily, well - she's just a happy pup, always looking for a playmate. 


No comments:

Post a Comment